As I’m studying AWS for certificate and work, I’ll place any FAQ, link and note which might become handy one day; So if you are interested, you can bookmark or follow this page.
- Amazon S3 Storage Classes
- AWS Key Management Service pricing
- AWS Well-Architected
- Detach EC2 instances from your Auto Scaling group
- Installing, updating, and uninstalling the AWS CLI version 2
- Performance across the S3 Storage Classes
- Running Amazon Linux 2 as a virtual machine on premises
- Simplified vCPU Calculator
- Your Comprehensive Guide to Understanding AWS Data Transfer Costs
- If you want to use Free Tier (Great for learning and some light works), keep an eye on billing section 😉 ($).
- Remember, you will be get charge pr each ‘Elastic IP address not attached to a running instance per hour (prorated)’. In order to help ensure AWS customers are efficiently using the Elastic IP addresses, AWS impose a small hourly charge for each address when it is not associated to a running instance ( Elastic IP ) ($).
- Using NAT Gateway will charge you per Hour ($).
- If you want to try and use EC2 t4g free-trial which will be available until ‘March 31st 2021’ and if you have purchased T4g Reserved Instance (RI) plan, RI plan applies first to any usage on an hourly basis. For any remaining usage after RI plan has been applied, the free-trial billing plan takes effect ($).
- Customers who use consolidated billing to consolidate payment across multiple accounts will have access to one free trial per Organization. Each payer account gets a total aggregate of 750 free hours a month. More details on consolidated billing can be found here ($).
- When accessing Amazon S3 through the AWS Management Console, normal Amazon S3 pricing applies when accessing the service through the AWS Management Console. To provide an optimized experience, the AWS Management Console may proactively execute requests. Also, some interactive operations result in more than one request to the service ($).
- One may choose to configure bucket as a Requester Pays bucket, in which case the requester will pay the cost of requests and downloads of Amazon S3 data ($).
- Amazon S3 Event Notification messages can be sent through either Amazon SNS, Amazon SQS, or directly to AWS Lambda.
- Up to ten tags can be added to each S3 object and note that all changes to tags outside of the AWS Management Console are made to the full tag set. If you have five tags attached to a particular object and want to add a sixth, you need to include the original five tags in that request.
- S3 Object tags are priced based on the quantity of tags and a request cost for adding tags. The requests associated with adding and updating Object Tags are priced the same as existing request prices ($).
- CloudWatch Request Metrics will be available in CloudWatch within 15 minutes after they are enabled.
- CloudWatch Storage Metrics are enabled by default for all buckets, and reported once per day.
- There is no additional cost to set up and apply S3 Lifecycle management policies. A transition request is charged per object when an object becomes eligible for transition according to the Lifecycle rule ($).
- One can use Amazon S3 Replication (CRR and SRR) to change account ownership for the replicated objects to protect data from accidental deletion.
- Versioning must be enabled for both the source and destination buckets to enable replication.
- With S3 Replication (CRR and SRR), you can establish replication rules to make copies of your objects into another storage class, in the same or a different region. Lifecycle actions are not replicated, and if you want the same lifecycle configuration applied to both source and destination buckets, enable the same lifecycle configuration on both.
- For each new destination you specify, you have the flexibility to choose storage class of destination bucket, encryption type, replication metrics and notifications, Replication Time Control (RTC), and other properties.
- To setup two-way replication, you create a replicate rule from bucket A to bucket B and setup another replication rule from bucket B to bucket A. Make sure to enable replica modification sync on both buckets A and B to replicate replica metadata changes like object access control lists (ACLs), object tags, or object locks on the replicated objects.