Well, NoVeeam has introduced “Veeam Montior 5.0 Beta” in this week which comes with new features, enhancements and dashboard as some of them are listed below:
- Support for vSphere 4.1
- In addition to local and fibre channel/iSCSI storage, NFS storages are now can be monitored.
- Storage paths and storage adapters including load balancing status *, I/O, latency, and read/write rates
- Virtual disks: including I/O, latency, and read/write rates
- Power usage of ESX(i) hosts *
- Built-in intelligence
- Includes over 100 pre-defined alarms and thresholds and a brand-new knowledge base which will explains each alarm and provides possible causes, suggested resolution, and links to sources of additional information.
- Monitoring of logical disk space
- Snapshot monitoring
- Management reports
- Streamlined alarm management
- Scalability and architecture improvements
* Available in the GA (generally available) release of Veeam Monitor 5.0
Downloading Veeam Monitor 5.0 Beta need a registration which is FREE of course and after registration you will receive the trial license as well as your name would be in the list so when v5.0 is generally available (GA) you will be notified.
For more information about Veeam Monitor 5.0 and changes from previous version, you can check “What’s new in Veeam Monitor 5.0” document.
I’m using Veeam Monitor 4.5 for my home lab and I decided to change it and using Monitor 5.0 both for being updated and testing, so I’ll try to make another post about it soon after installing it.